The beauty of jewelry is that it is meant to decorate the whole body, literally. Not just the neck, ears and hands, but hair too. The hair-accessorizing trend appeared long ago, first as a fancy way to embellish women’s hats, such as berets, fedoras and turbans. But then, a genius mind whose name we do not know yet, took the sense of fashion to a whole new level and introduced the hair jewelry style. This made women being spoilt for choice when it came to accessorizing their attire, because they could choose between a medley of hat and hair ornaments. Speaking of which, we present you the most popular ones, some of them still being quite favored by the modern vintage-jewelry audience.
Kobelli strives to provide excellent service to every customer, and that holds true for all products: whether new or old, ensuring that your pieces are perfect for you is our very top priority. Kobelli is your number one choice for knowledgeable and reliable repairs and restoration. We have a full-service repair shop on premises so your jewelry never has to leave our store. Repair estimates are complimentary and are completed by our expert jewelers. Whatever fixes or adjustments you may need, we'd love to help.
We offer machine engraving, which is a cost effective and quick process, is typically completed within a 2-day time period.
Repair Services for Customers
* Ring Sizing
Kobelli will resize your rings quickly, professionally and affordably. Keep in mind, certain rings, especially those with channel-set stones, may be more difficult to size, or may not be sizable.
* Soldering of Rings & other jewelry
* Diamond Replacement
* Diamond & Gemstone Re-setting
Remounting or resetting refers to the process of placing your diamond or fine gemstone into a new piece of jewelry. There are many reasons to reset your jewelry. Over years of wear, the metal and prongs can become damaged putting your center stone at risk. Sometimes a repair is all that is needed, and in other cases resetting your stone into a new mounting is ideal for both safety and security.
* Stone Tightening
* Prong Replacement & Prong Re-tipping
Re-tipping is the process of rebuilding prongs that are worn but not worn out. The bench jeweler – keeping the stone in place – uses a high melting solder to affix a wire or metal bead
(matching the prong's alloy and slightly exceeding its dimensions) over the top of the worn prong and fashions a new one.
* Rhodium Platting
1. Rhodium is a silver-white hard metal often found in platinum ores. It is the most expensive precious metal. In its natural solid state Rhodium is far too hard to work, but it is used as an alloy in the smelting of platinum and palladium.
2. Rhodium plating is a metal deposition process used to coat materials with a decorative and protective layer of rhodium. Rhodium is a noble metal that imparts an extremely bright and hard wearing finish when applied as plating. When applied as a thin plate, it affords a durable finish of exceptional brightness. Rhodium finishes can greatly enhance the appearance and longevity of any metal to which they are applied.
* Refinish & Polishing
Cleaning and inspection from a jeweler.