As long as the engagement-ring purchase is not close to realization, men think that it is going to be as simple and easy as if they are shopping for jeans and sneakers. Sorry to say this, but buying an engagement ring is a whole new experience that has nothing to do with men’s common shopping practice, so do not let too much self-confidence blow your what is supposed to be “perfect proposal”. For example, did you know that there are a few important facts you need to get pampered with beforehand? Of course you did not, so stay tuned and prepare to savor all the little-known things that will take you to the right jewel for your beloved one.
Kobelli strives to provide excellent service to every customer, and that holds true for all products: whether new or old, ensuring that your pieces are perfect for you is our very top priority. Kobelli is your number one choice for knowledgeable and reliable repairs and restoration. We have a full-service repair shop on premises so your jewelry never has to leave our store. Repair estimates are complimentary and are completed by our expert jewelers. Whatever fixes or adjustments you may need, we'd love to help.
We offer machine engraving, which is a cost effective and quick process, is typically completed within a 2-day time period.
Repair Services for Customers
* Ring Sizing
Kobelli will resize your rings quickly, professionally and affordably. Keep in mind, certain rings, especially those with channel-set stones, may be more difficult to size, or may not be sizable.
* Soldering of Rings & other jewelry
* Diamond Replacement
* Diamond & Gemstone Re-setting
Remounting or resetting refers to the process of placing your diamond or fine gemstone into a new piece of jewelry. There are many reasons to reset your jewelry. Over years of wear, the metal and prongs can become damaged putting your center stone at risk. Sometimes a repair is all that is needed, and in other cases resetting your stone into a new mounting is ideal for both safety and security.
* Stone Tightening
* Prong Replacement & Prong Re-tipping
Re-tipping is the process of rebuilding prongs that are worn but not worn out. The bench jeweler – keeping the stone in place – uses a high melting solder to affix a wire or metal bead
(matching the prong's alloy and slightly exceeding its dimensions) over the top of the worn prong and fashions a new one.
* Rhodium Platting
1. Rhodium is a silver-white hard metal often found in platinum ores. It is the most expensive precious metal. In its natural solid state Rhodium is far too hard to work, but it is used as an alloy in the smelting of platinum and palladium.
2. Rhodium plating is a metal deposition process used to coat materials with a decorative and protective layer of rhodium. Rhodium is a noble metal that imparts an extremely bright and hard wearing finish when applied as plating. When applied as a thin plate, it affords a durable finish of exceptional brightness. Rhodium finishes can greatly enhance the appearance and longevity of any metal to which they are applied.
* Refinish & Polishing
Cleaning and inspection from a jeweler.